The Program Manager ensures an integrated approach in the development and execution of Programme and project work plans and outcomes in the national. This role is the conjugate between program staff and Board Director’s Team.
The Program Manager provides leadership and coordination support to all staffs, and ensures that the integrated Project teams work effectively together to advance the organization’s regional and global objectives. This position is responsible for the delivery of the integrated Programme in the national.
As the leader of the organization, (s)he helps to ensure that ENTER Nusantara organizational policies and operational procedures are adhered to and implemented in the office, providing regular updates to the Board Director’s Team. Where appropriate and as delegated (by the Executive Director and/or Board Director), the national Director will serve as the legal and external representative for ENTER Nusantara in the national.
This is a full-time position based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
• Develop and manage a high performance Programme implementation team
• Provide strong national-based implementation of Enter Nusantara’s Programme goals.
• Ensure the delivery of projects, targets and Programme work in the national; oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the organizations regional strategic plan in the national.
• Lead the Programme planning in the office.
• Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the organizations regional strategic plan in the national.
1. Delivery of globally aligned, regionally coordinated, national implementation of Programme in Indonesia.
• With the national based Programme staff, deliver high quality, regionally and globally aligned projects
• Lead the in-national Programme planning and evaluation processes, maintain an overview of project and implementation plans in national, ensuring milestones and reporting requirements are met.
• Oversee an effective internal communications system to ensure that all staff working in the national is informed of ENTER’s strategic, operational and prioritization decisions.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of effective communications, branding and engagement to promote the image and activities of the organization in the wider community.
2. Financial, Legal and Operations support
• Ensure Programme work delivery is in budget, on time and meets objectives, within the administrative compliance policies of GPSEA.
• In cooperation with relevant operations staff, ensure national Office compliance with all local legal rules and regulations for an national organization. Provide input to the development, review and update of ENTER systems, policies and procedures.
• Represent ENTER Nusantara legally in national, serve as signatory to staff contracts, third party contracts and other official documents, within organizational approval protocols
• Oversees and ensures that Programme staff adhere to security regulations, procedures and Standard Operation Procedures including acting on violation against security policies and procedures
3. Capacity Building and Human Resources
• Ensure sufficient and capable staffing for national delivery of Programme
• Oversee the recruitment and selection of Programme staff
• Support the training and development of key staff
• Inspire, develop, and motivate all staff working for national Programme to ensure effective delivery of Programme priorities
4. Staff Management
• Acts as direct line manager of the national Programme Management Team members by reviewing individual work plan, managing
performance, providing advice to ensure that staff deliver on their performance objectives
• Provide Project Management support as required to project leads in national
5. Perform other duties and projects as assigned or delegated by the Board
Director and/or Executive Director
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree Arts or Science degree, or equivalent experience
working on environment campaigns Work Experience:
• Understanding of, and experience in, Southeast Asia, preferably with INGOs or campaigning organisations with the ability to work in culturally and geographically diverse environments specifically in context related to activism, engagement and digital landscapes
• Strong oral and written communications skills and fluency in English.
• At least 5 years of professional experience with at least 3 years in successful people management roles.
• Project and people management experience in multi-discipline environments, preferably in campaigning organisations.
• Understanding of marketing and mobilisation/activism strategies – from development to evaluation.
• Strong background in leading and managing change.
• Collaboration and relationship building skills
Competencies and Skills
• Aligns work and roles to develop the 3 Year Plan departmental and organizational goals.
• Able to lead, inspire and motivate people plus provide a compelling vision.
• Provides skills and knowledge required to achieve departmental and organizational goals. Makes calculated decisions based on appropriate information / consultation.
• Promotes leading practice and benchmarking in relation to area of expertise
• Exhibits energy and enthusiasm and contributes positively to team dynamics
• Mobilizes and builds strong and effective teams
• Builds meaningful / productive relationships with key stakeholders
1. Project Management:
• Monitors and reports progress on a regular basis ensuring work plans are completed in a timely manner
Specific Work Environment
This position requires the employee to have a flexible approach and the ability to adapt and work in different and challenging work and cultural environments, which may include flexible arrangements working in challenging field and frontline work environments. Commitment to non-violent direct action as a means of affecting change Willingness to work beyond normal working hours Willingness to travel
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS POST
WORKING HOURS Normal hours of work for full time Employee will be forty (40) per week or (5) days in a week, at 8 hours per day excluding an hour lunch break. This will be from Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am to 6: 30 pm. Ordinary hours of work may be varied as agreed between staff and the line managers.
LEAVE A permanent employee will be entitled to the following leaves: Annual Leave: 20 days Sick Leave: 30 days Parental Leave: As per labor laws Compassionate leave: maximum of 5 days for the death of immediate family members
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT ENTER Nusantara is committed to providing its employees with learning and development opportunities to be able to perform its functions more effectively. Through its mentoring process and annual Performance Management System, staff’s development objectives are identified and prioritized.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ENTER Nusantara is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant’s merits and abilities.
HR POLICIES AND PROCEDURE ENTER Nusantara management and staff are given guidance on the implications of the equal opportunities policy. Policies and procedures are reviewed to review and adapt current practices to promote equality of opportunity. Other organizational policies and procedures will be fully discussed to the successful applicant.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for ENTER Nusantara, attach your cv and email to: [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: June 29, 2020
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application.